Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Packing - so many folds and emotions

 Last week I decided to document our count down for Anand’s going to a new program this year. These posts are my daily blogs. Past two weeks were eventful in way to say the least. Ajey’s moving to city and Anand to the Berkshire I hope for the best for my men. 

It is Friday night and here I am sitting and thinking about Monday. Anand is going to a program for the next 10 months where he will stay in an apartment with a roommate. Both of them will learn so many nuisances of independent living and moms will not be their teacher. 

A phone call from another mom whose son will share the apartment with Anand made me feel better. Assurance that I am not alone going through this emotional roller coaster. For a change we agreed that we don’t have to do everything. We talked like long lost friends, exactly picking up on the thoughts and emotions going on in each other’s mind, could soothe each other’s anxiety. We know we will talk again tomorrow and the day after and then meet on Monday. We will help our kids move into their “home” and hope that they support and help each other, ignore each other’s quirks and be mindful of their limitations and find a lot of common things to enjoy. 

Today was a good day and I hope tomorrow gets even better. 


Saturday -A dear friend hosted a dinner as she wanted to say good bye to Anand. Anand decided to stay home and eat pasta and watch TV. His brother came home for the weekend mainly to wish Anand well. Ajey went for a lavish south Indian meal and Anand stayed home.

I so wish I could do anything. We all had great time. but I couldn’t stop wishing Anand was around.

This last week has been pasta, noodles, cookies, berries, brownies, chips and coke for all the meals. The mother in me wants to cook all his favorites and he is refusing to eat anything I cook. It breaks my heart but I understand it’s his way of dealing with his anxiety. 

A simple cotton Saree for dinner on Saturday. 

 Lucky to have people who understand what we go through. A dear friend cooked for Anand but it was us who enjoyed it. 
                                                 While we were busy thinking, packing, planning my son was going through his own thought process, caught him walking on his usual route. I am sure so many will miss seeing him walk.







1 comment:

  1. You look so gorgeous and elegant in that beautiful saree.. love reading your blogs..
    Kudos to Anand for coping up with all that big change and dealing with the anxieties

    ReplyDelete