Thursday, August 26, 2021

Saree or no saree - the intentions are important

An occasional phone call to check something for Anand led to a conversation with wonderful Lisa. She sorted out what we needed at that crazy time. She called again a couple of days ago with an invite for lunch. The DDS commissioner Jane Ryder was visiting the facility and there was a lunch afterwards. I agreed to join because I really like Jane and it would have given me an opportunity to meet Lisa. 

I walked in and I was the first one to arrive. So much for my Indian time judgment. The Commissioner was touring another facility and was on the road. I so wanted to call my older son Ajey and tell him that I was THE first one to arrive :)

Soon everyone arrived and we all said hello to each other. I was introduced to Ken, the CEO of the center and then to Jane. She was trying to place me and I joked I am Jaya, just not in a saree. She remembered finally and the smile on her face was infectious. 

We sat with our lunches and the conversation just flew. They were very interested in knowing more about “Desi Moms Network” and I had plenty to tell. We talked about how we can make things better and she promised to provide more support for the moms in our network.

We were invited to a tour of this facility and the name on the theatre caught my eyes. GB and Lexi Singh Performance center.

Heard Mr Singh lived in a nearby town and supported the center with a generous donation. It was amazing to see something like that. It was least expected.

I met some of the most wonderful staff today and I hope the connection brings something wonderful for everyone.












No comments:

Post a Comment