Friday, August 6, 2021

Anand’s Bday Saga - Another side of the story

In my last post I wrote about me and Anand’s Bday. By the way, thank you for all your calls/texts/messages and wishes. They are much appreciated. I always believe I am not alone but you all prove that over and over again. I have my village standing next to me - “Always”

Anand had decided that he didn’t want party and his way of celebrating is Domino’s pizza, cake and movie. Same as last year.

I tried to convince him for a dinner out but in vain so that’s what we decided. We will eat Pizza in the living room, watch a movie of his choice and eat the cake, without candles and the birthday song and then everyone can come on Saturday. He was very clear on his celebration plans for that particular day.

All the aunts respected his wishes and agreed to meet for a lunch celebration the next day (Saturday)

Well, mom was a mess and they came rushing that afternoon, but you all know that anyway.

Anand took care of ordering his meal and decided he wanted to play his new game and not watch the movie. Well Dominos delivered the Pizza but the wrong one. He was a patient one and decided to devour the garlic break, cake and skip pizza with onions and peppers since it was not his choice.

Ajey called and Dominos agreed to make another one and big brother went to pick it up. It all worked out in the end.

I on the other hand was totally lost. Once they ate I didn’t have much to do, so I decided to join the Saree meet that night. When I came back at night everyone was already in bed. I am so thankful to have ended my day with the Saree meet. Anand celebrated his birthday in his style and mom celebrated it her way. “Celebrations” are personal and it should make us happy, in the end that’s all that matters.













1 comment:

  1. Celebrations are personal!!
    So well said❤️

    And loved the concept of saree meet

    ReplyDelete