Tuesday, January 18, 2022

What does vacation bring into your life ? Love? Peace? Power? Fun? Reset?

Day -5 Cancun

Everyday was just perfect while we were there, low humidity, no heat wave and just perfect temperatures, sun and sea breeze.

Only the last morning it rained for a short time and Victor, my favorite bartender said the sky is sad because I was leaving. I promised to return soon and soon enough the sun came out shining. I could sit on the beach again before we started our journey .

This saree is a tribute to everyone who became such an integral part of my life in those 5 days. The house keeping staff who rushed to clean the room after a Jacuzzi mishap, another one gave me extra sheets and pillows to sleep on the lounge bed in the balcony, brought me iron table and iron so I could iron my sarees (the resort has steamer for everyone), Victor the bar tender who would fill a shot of Don Julio tequila with two slice of oranges with sprinkle of salt every time I passed by. Raul, the host in those 2 restaurants gave me my favorite corner and quiet seat, Fredrico the bartender in the center bar who would make a new drink every time for me with less sugar and fresh fruit because he remembered I didn’t like sweet cocktails and also remembered whatever he had served me before. The server Daniel at breakfast place who assembled the best brunch because I had just 20 minutes to eat before our taxi arrived for airport. Today is a long day for you -eat and drink everything healthy he said and got me a plate with servings of many things and a cocktail made with a vitamin drink. The tequila in that sure was powerful.

Andrea, the guest relations manager and David the evening concierge who made sure I got my standby room service,  our Covid tests were booked on time and taxi was confirmed. 

I will come back to more of these stories but as a friend said vacation brings love and power back into life. And suggested when all else fails, take a vacation . I am smart enough to appreciate a good advice. 

A beautiful linen saree for the last night in Cancun. Mr Husband’s shirt matched too. The saree will be a reminder that I tried a Cuban Cigar in my life, I couldn’t make the rings, coughed and didn’t like the taste and won’t do it again. But I did enjoy the cigar lounge, watching Mr Husband trying something new.

The server served me Tequila cream and that was perfect for me.


These posts are my saree stories from a vacation in Cancun, Mexico. 

Mr. Husband and I needed a break from being parents and a friend suggested this Resort.


















2 comments:

  1. Your blog postings are so delightful. I am enjoying the recap of your vacation until it is my time to reset and have rest and fun.

    ReplyDelete