Monday, January 17, 2022

What do you remember about Vacation? Do you regret the Vacations you didn’t take?

Day -3 Cancun Saga 

It was not easy planning for this vacation. Actually I didn’t plan it, just followed a recommendation so it was easy to book. But additional planning  for what to do once there and packing was not easy because I didn’t know what to expect. I am not much of a cocktail woman and also had no idea what will I do in “all inclusive” place. The “recommending” friend said she doesn’t leave the resort and hangs out in the pool most of the time. That has never been my idea of a vacation but decided to follow along. Well I didn’t hang out in the pool, that was Mr Husband’s choice, I went straight to the ocean. The waves were very stimulating and calming at the same time. It turned out to be a wonderful vacation, I could rest and relax after all without rushing with a must see or todo list in hand.

I took two magazines, 2 books and one notebook - nothing came out of the bag. 

 But yes I dealt with my own share of struggle, what to pack :) Sarees sure were in the list, I have decided all those fancy places deserved the Saree tribute. Bathing suits and PJ’s were okay, I wasn’t even sure what is needed for the day time. Well when you are freezing in north east you cannot imagine hanging out in shorts. Dresses made their way too , in the end I over packed. I think I have to write another post about things I would have done better. :) 

The third night we were booked for Agave, a Mexican restaurant, we were there by 6. When the host checked us in she asked us to wait. When we walked in I realized they were setting the table for us with candles and rose petals and fancy table mats.

Soon Nelson, the food manager walked in and I realized the mix up . He had booked our table for 7 PM as I had mentioned our dinner time a night before. He introduced us to the manager and the chef and the 3 of them figured out our meal. We were stuffed in our heart and soul and bellies to say the least. 

The care, attention to details, conversation, stories from their life and familes and insistence on eating some more everything made our evening memorable. I will write about that conversations some time soon.

Another blue Taant for the dinner. The dinnerwares were so colorful, my saree became part of the theme.















No comments:

Post a Comment