Sunday, January 2, 2022

The story of wishes, resolutions and reflections

 ***Jan 1st ***

Some day are for fresh start, New year or not, It’s all in the mind. But some time you do need some kind of “landmark”or some kind of sign or significance. To each their own.

Today was one of those days. Coincidently it was beginning of another year :)

A warmer day in Jan, again, called for a walk with a dear friend and somehow it turned into New Year’s resolution discussion. Talked about things bothering me, What I could do to change or resolve them. We both are such different personalities but that’s the best part of a beautiful friendship, to have a non judgmental listener. 

We joked that saying out loud helps as universe listens and makes it happen.After the walk I had just enough time to get ready and eat something. Tickets were booked and we 3 were in theatre. Anand had no interest in watching a Hindi Movie. The Movie “83” is based on India’s win of World Cup final (Cricket) in 1983.

Mr. husband and I went to theatre last week and it was almost full so we came back. I think it was meant to be a family affair. Ajey agreed to go with us. The movie brought back memories of our childhood and the pride we all felt. How the captain of the team “Kapil Dev” was everyone’s hero.

3 of us watched movie without any distraction, It is a beautifully made movie. I couldn’t be any happier that I could relive those memories with one of my son while the other one was spending his day playing video game at home.

The evening was another magic. Pandey men agreed to go to Boston to watch Holiday lights. It was a perfect evening with soothing breeze, free road side parking in seaport, Holiday bazar and food.  We could even manage driving to North End and Harbor walk area in Boston before dropping Ajey to his room.

I end my day with a feeling of gratitude and smile on my face and a plan for a vacation.  Days could be tough and tomorrow is unknown but I will enjoy my “today” to the fullest. Hope you Saturday was kind too. 

3 of us in the theatre, almost empty hall, perfect beginning of the Year 


No comments:

Post a Comment