Monday, January 17, 2022

Indian food in Mexico and a fabulous Non Indian cook - who would gave thought !

Saree no -2 in Cancun is a Bengal Taant. Dinner at Flavor Market and one of the best Tapas I have ever eaten. Met Nelson, the Beverage and Food manager who soon became my food concierge and helped me plan our meals with so many restaurant options . We were super early for dinner that day so little later in the night ate a second dinner at the Indian restaurant ( which was not the plan) I know I know - but who is counting. One of the best dals ( lentil soup) I have eaten. The chef came out to ask how the food was. I guess my Sarees were really loud in Cancun :) A Mexican chef making Indian food and really good food too. My In-laws were very good cooks and then I came along in Mr Husband’s life who loved to cook so his standard is pretty high. The Chef was very pleased and so were we. He was friends with some Indian folks and loved the food so decided to make it professionally. His love and passion was very apparent. The restaurant has a very limited menu but we could try many things. Thank goodness for small servings.  While chatting I taught him another verity of Dal - If you eat Spinach Dal - Thank me for that :)


These posts are my saree stories from a vacation in Cancun, Mexico. 

Mr. Husband and I needed a break from being parents and a friend suggested this Resort. 

Happy man @ Basmati The Chef Feissal Camacho 




No comments:

Post a Comment