Sunday, January 30, 2022

Why do we need a village - Here is one more reason - to be healthy

Why do you keep adding people in your life? Do they motivate you? Make you happy ? I am sure you all have your own reasons but here are these 30 moms who have a very phenomenal reason - to be healthy.

Today I am so proud of be part of this “Desi Moms Wellness Village”


It all started with one voice, one wish to support one another. Many joined  and all they did was to  push each other to be fit and healthy. The WhatsApp group was filled with pictures of Apple Watch screen shots, miles walked and exercise and motivation videos and quotes. Everyone felt accountable and tried to do better than yesterday, started walking with half a mile to 5-6 miles. Some walked in sub zero temperatures , yours truly was one of them. I couldn’t have walked but this group of moms motivated me to get out of the house. I could connect to so many moms over phone calls because I was walking and I needed the conversation to keep me going.


Today as the month of January ends, we wrapped up our month long journey with a stellar Zumba class. One of the moms found a Zumba instructor friend who spent an hour making us dance. These women made me proud all over again. Nothing is going away from our life but we all are better together.


So believe me when I say this- Dream and keep dreaming, you never know who will follow you. And  you will have your tribe cheering for you.  A Kunbi saree to celebrate my village, a friend came for a cup of tea, laughter and sarees and pictures.


Imagine seeing these pics everyday, Motivation at its best 

Our Phenomenal dance teacher.  

Param Roychoudhury - an absolute pleasure. She teaches Zumba with Bollywood dance music with so many other things she does. Her passion for dance, fitness and giving back to community brought her to our world. Reach out to her if you want to know more. She lives in Newton and teaches Zumba. And offered a community class on Sunday for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment