Tuesday, January 18, 2022

When all else fails, take a vacation - one of the best advice I received

 Day -4 Cancun

I forgot what we did the last few days  - oh wait, it was eat, drink, relax and  repeat.

By day 3 I had my routine set. Room service at 6.30 am with eggs and orange juice and two guavas, then get ready and go to the beach by 7:15 am for sunrise. The sun needed to see me dressed up too so wore a saree on a perfect Saturday morning on my day 4.  

After the sunrise we came for breakfast. Past 3 days we had had breakfast in the ocean view restaurant. Saturday we came to the buffet and I am so glad we did.

Few years ago we had gone to the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace,Las Vegas and I was in awe. I cook really well (If I say so myself ;) )but that experience really made me very creative in the kitchen. The breakfast buffet here was close to that experience. Well I was served only Mimosa in Vegas with that breakfast. Here the server made it with fresh orange juice and yes a shot of Don Julio Tequila too. The perks of looking pretty in a saree :)

By the 4th day people got used to seeing a brown woman in a saree, a compliment here and there never hurt anyone, I couldn’t be the exception right? We were often earlier than most vacationers so we never had to wait and got our choice of seating. 

I noticed how hard working everyone was, the cleaning was never ending and was very detailed and attention focused. The employees who worked on the grounds could hardly speak English but smiled and wished without fail. My very second day, the first morning, I decided to leave the room earlier than Mr Husband, asked for directions and the gardener didn’t know and neither did the other helper. But I used sign language said sun and made the action of rising and he exactly knew what I was looking for. He walked with me to show the beach. 

This simple saree is a tribute to those behind the scenes people who made our stay memorable, who took the empty cups from my hand, brought me a towel when I took a plunge in the ocean, brought me drinks and water without asking, kept checking for refills and rushed to pull out the chair for me said hola with a smile, brought a floor hanger to keep my purse.

I am back home and longing to go back again. Not sure if it was the weather, ocean, sun, food, drinks or the people and their vibe. I miss those little tiny gestures and the smile in their eyes even with the masked face. 

These posts are my saree stories from a vacation in Cancun, Mexico. 

Mr. Husband and I needed a break from being parents and a friend suggested this Resort.




















While Mr Husband was watching Patriots loosing big time in the sports bar I enjoy the Burlesque show and then walked on the beach. The resort have " a musical dine out on the beach" while couples enjoyed their romantic dinner this musician played some beautiful tunes. I am not sure if they could hear or enjoy I sure did. He made my evening memorable. I didn't feel like bothering him so didn't say a word, now I think I should have stopped and thanked him.

My last pic - left this saree with Gerardo - the manager of that shift, So they can add to the decoration the Indian restaurant - "Basmati".

No comments:

Post a Comment