Friday, December 31, 2021

The reflection or not - Is it a special day or just another day for you?

 I am so grateful for a warm day in December. The last day of December and miraculously it is 43F at noon, it could be snowing and raining and everything else in between but it is just a foggy day without the wind.

Today I woke with a thought, what is important for life, but again I think of it often. It’s not the last day of the year syndrome. But an email in my inbox reminded me how important this customary reflection is. At least for once you pause and think what did you do last year and how it impacted you. Mr. Husband always says every day is the same. But in that case you won’t pause to think about it.

So I am somewhere in the middle, a simple reflection of what happened in last 365 days and if something specific came out of it.

This morning I was grateful for a warmer weather so I could go for a walk alone and  make a phone call I was dreading for days. To a friend who lost her daughter. Our conversation was something I will remember for a long time. That made me realized how many time we just live a mundane life, run after things and bothered by unnecessary things.

2021 tested all of us to the core and we all learnt, lost some gained some. Hopefully the change in calendar helps us bring some changes in us too. We brighten our vision, broaden our world, find some resilience and patients and live a little more.

Today my first born said he is trying declutter life and mind, his home is reflection of this promise. On the other hand my home is full of stuff and now its my time to follow the path, he is talking about. Now let me start with a closet first, mind and life will tag along I guess

From our home to yours - wish for a fresh start 

This house is on my regular walk route, the two young kids may be 5 and 2 said hello and told me all about the picnic they were going to while their parents loaded the car. I made them promise to be nice to mom and not trouble the dad and sleep in the car. The smiles and excitement was really contagious. I needed that cheer after my phone call. I so wanted to take some pic of our interaction.
Our mailman
 and this was our Dec 31st evening, Pandey's eating junk, Bhel and soup in their PJ's 

No comments:

Post a Comment