Saturday, December 25, 2021

Why do you do what you do…redefined happiness

 Its been few days I am pondering over and finally today seemed a perfect day to pen it down.

When you are presented with a thought, opportunity, chance how do you react to that? You think what’s in it for me? cost benefit analysis ? Or just trust your guts and go with the flow? Or do you envision the process and find a path? Or may be all of above and some more?

Social media brought world closer that means we get to know people far and beyond. But the question is how do you maintain these friendships. We all “add some delete some” but those decisions are based on how you feel interacting with people.

I connected two different people with different reasons. But when an opportunity occurred that they both will be in my town I had to meet them and not only that I made sure they meet each other too. 

Few days ago on a crazy working day things just fell into right place. One got delayed leaving New York and it worked in my favor, another was under the weather for few days, she was much better that evening, another friend decided to visit to meet with some food and all of us could meet. I can list of the things worked in my favor that day.

Shobhaji lives in Hyderabad, visiting her son in NY, Suneela lives in Lucknow, visiting her daughter in Boston.

And they met here in Boston because everything fell into place. Shobhaji had never met anyone in Saree speak other than her usual Hyderabad group and here she was meeting 3 of us in my home then Suneela at her daughter’s home. A very long day, lot of driving over 100 plus miles and around 3 hours on the road but it came with love, laughter, hugs , pics and food and on yes some gifts and sweets too :) and above all memories of life time. 

A beautiful Orissa ikat from a very dear friend got for  her daughter's Odisi arangetram in CA.

The smiles on these two faces - the biggest reward of the day. I will cherish this for a long time and they will too.







No comments:

Post a Comment