Saturday, December 18, 2021

What is "self care" for you today

 A day off can be used in so many ways and the first thing comes to mind is “self care” but again that could be different for everyone. For me self care for that particular day was to drive 125 miles to meet a few people. 5 mothers from Desi Moms Network invited me to have breakfast with them. They live in Rhode Island and its always hard for them to drive up north to meet other moms in our group. We met for brunch and had a really good time. We all are very different yet same. I think we all were there for different definitions of Self care. One of them said she was agitated, anxious and nervous for a variety of reasons but meeting us calmed her down. Then it was time for another drive up north to wish a friend on her Anniversary with a quick cup of tea. It is surprising how relationships and friendships evolve over the year. Anniversary wish should be with a gift or flowers or a card but I was there with nothing of this sort and made her make a cup of tea for me. And later her text assured me that my visit was enough to wish them happiness.

After I dropped in to see another mom in the same town who was having some health issues . I went to see her but while talking that wonderful woman helped me plan my next vacation. We got  exactly what we needed from each other. Another kind of self care. In that one short visit I discovered my travel advisor. 

I could have gone to a spa ( I would have been restless the entire time I was getting a massage I know) or shopping or sat and watched TV or cooked or cleaned but I chose to do what my heart and soul needed that day.

Last night I went for a music meet and recited two of Jagjit Singh’s ghazals in front of an audience that appreciates poetry and music and that was my self care last night.

Hope you find what is your self care for today, it might be something different for tomorrow.

This could be self-care for someone a view of Boston  
 6 women came together in IHOP to redefine Self care They talked about life, dreams, 
hopes, limitation, films, music, sarees, stories and family too. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment