Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Everything - Takes a village - not only parenting.

It is often said - It takes a village - specially for raising children. But to think of it why only for parenting? We need village for everything in life.  

My villages in multifaceted with many interesting people. If I like someone I don’t let them go. But it doesn’t come easy, one has to work to keep and maintain friendship. But more than anything we need an opportunity to meet people. Social media provides the opportunity but again how do you filter the real people from their social media persona?

Its has been going on in my mind for quite some times and finally I decided to implement the “friends - matching”  

On thanksgiving I began this conversation with some of my friends from different walks of life and brought them together. Their introduction itself was very interesting, It was all about them - a real person, they talked about their fears, strength, issues not only achievement but failures too. I have always favored personal connection so brining them together in person was very important to see if this idea even stands a chance.

This Saturday one of them hosted 6 other women in her home. 7 of us struck the conversations like everyone has known each other forever which was not the case.

I left early but they stayed and chatted for hours and went back home with something new and fresh in their heart. A new kind of friendship, a hope, a feeling of support. I hope we continue to build our village. They made some new connections and revived some previous ones. I am happy for all of them.


What does your village looks like? 

A silk from Sister in law' closet. I helped clean her closet and got some sarees she didn't want :)





No comments:

Post a Comment