Saturday, December 11, 2021

Monday boredom brings happy week and weekend - Empty-nester Saga

Last Monday night over dinner I was just bored, may be it was weather, winter or food or just mood swing. I was telling Mr. husband how we are not using our “empty nest-er” time in right manner, we are not planning an improv trip or eating out all the time. He on the other hand is very pleased with his “take it easy and chill at home” lifestyle. We found a happy medium - a quick trip to NJ to visit his college friends, he could work from home a day and I would do whatever I want that day. Tuesday morning calls were made and Thursday after work Pandey’s were on the route to NJ, a 4 hour drive for us. First time ever no major planning, just two sets of clothes and basic stuff  in a bag and work laptop and we were out. A hassle free drive and we were in NJ before dinner time. and how wonderful it was to go to a local street food shop for dinner. I ate like there was no tomorrow. Friday brought another fun time, the host couple and Mr Husband were working I drove to another side of NJ  to see friends. An amazing last minute saree meet. A last minute call and these wonderful ladies made it happen. I wish I had more time to chit chat but we made it memorable with whatever we could manage. Beautiful sarees came out of closet and memories were made. 

We ate, laughed, chatted and yes lot of Pictures were taken. Drove back with a promise to do it again. 

The “working” people were waiting for me for another round of amazing dinner. This time it was all finger food. My heart and soul are in heaven and my stomach is on fire (literally).

Saturday morning a trip to Desi Parlor for my hair, a trip to Indian store actually two ;) and a snack shop and then South Indian meal in a Dosa Bhavan. By the time we left NJ our heart, stomach and car all were full. A quick Tea stop to meet a mom from Desi Moms Network in NY was just perfect end to our trip. As I unpack the groceries and snacks I am wondering if we really need a tenth of all those stuff but I tell myself how can you NOT shop when you go to New Jersey:) 

 I think the Monday boredom really worked out in my favor :)


A Balucheri for THE saree meet - bought in Calcutta when two of my friends went shopping together for me. Over the years I have learnt to trust their choice and judgement.

 I was in food heaven in New Jersey. Below are the pics are our crazy food hopping. 
This one is from the saree meet, these wonderful ladies treated my heart, soul and stomach royally. )
and Now oon to the bigger job - putting things away. I went crazy in grocery store ( I know we get everything here in Boston but couldn't resist shopping in NJ) and those Sweets from Sukhadia are to die for. My party continues even in Boston - Thanks to Sukhadia :)


No comments:

Post a Comment