Friday, December 24, 2021

God Send - Do you believe in that? Does it happen to you?

I must be crazy to go to Costco yesterday, I thought of going very early and guess what everyone thought the same.

After a very very long line I decided to visit a friend in the same town. After years a quick tea catchup with her I was on my way home, pondering what she said about her experience with people , friendship and relationships during COVID time.

All of sudden I felt like calling a dear friend who is lot more experienced than me, I adore her, love her and respect her. An absolute pleasure and amazing personality and mom to four grownup kids. I so want to be her in my 70s. We talked about various stuff and she mentioned she has her booster appointment soon. Me being me lovingly scolded her to be so late for her booster. She mentioned casually that her notification doesn’t tell her the location and she has been calling CVS in vain. And she will go to both the CVS in Burlington to check where her appointment is.

After we ended our call I just couldn’t tolerate the thought of her going to multiple CVS’s. While driving I ordered Siri to check the CVS in that town and call. Guess what- I found the best pharmacist on line ( yes I DIDNOT press the COVID option) He was very kind and even he wasn’t supposed to help me he did listen to me patiently and checked the list. Voila, she had an appointment in that store. I called her right away so she could be at ease. She was so grateful and happy. And said so many things- she is one of my biggest cheerleader to say the least. Soon enough I got a text from her- the text said - “Hi Jaya Rani, God Send, I got my booster, I didn’t have to wait, life saver, 1 minute me mushkil aasan kar di, Love you"

She called soon and said the same thing that I am  “god send”. I laughed but she was serious. She asked why would you call today, all of sudden, and she took the call even though she was busy with something else and why our conversation turned into vaccine and why she felt like telling me, Because Got wanted her to have hassle free experience as he works in mysterious way and she is grateful that I called. 

I cannot shake off the thought, Do you feel the same? Do you have those “god send people” in life? Do you feel they are there for a reason? 


A beautiful Pochampalli for a night out in the city. This saree does have some memories. Will remain my favorite for many reasons. I loved wearing it and felt pretty and royal. 

हर गोशा गुलिस्ताँ था कल रात जहाँ मैं था
इक जश्न-ए-बहाराँ था कल रात जहाँ मैं था

Our bartender was magician to say the least




1 comment:

  1. That vacation was long overdue and so well-deserved! A little romantic towel art and you've got the whole package LOL. So proud of you for your self-care. And yep - as a Christian I totally believe in God things. They happen to me, with me and around me all the time, and that's where I place the glory!

    ReplyDelete