Sunday, March 20, 2022

A dinner without any fuss - That is a real celebration

My Bday happened to be a busy day, well in a good way. I still have over 80 what’s app msgs to respond to, haven’t even checked on FB posts but will get to that sometime this week.

As this weekend is getting over a feeling of gratitude comes to mind even with tired body and brain. 

Saturday after I came back from that unplanned Bday celebration with a 4 yrs old Bday buddy, I got ready and logged into my panel discussion. Well, as a team we 5 women rocked it, so I felt. That whole discussion deserves a separate post. The topic was -“Community that Supports Your Authentic Self “ If you know me you know how much I can talk/write about it :)

As soon as the talk got over, 2 of my best friends who have known me forever came for tea brining another cake to cut. Our regular birth day celebration on the day. I so wish I could post those pics but they will kill me.


I love going to Boston for dinner and that would have been the case this year too but this year was different with such tight schedule and Ajey coming from city it didn’t make sense to go back to City again. Anand was little upset but agreed as it was MY bday so I could choose the place. I gave him choice of a new steakhouse in town and our usual Indian place. Chicken Tikka masala won over burger. 

Anand ordered what he wanted and loved the food, so did we all. For a change there wasn’t any commotion. It was really wonderful to have all of us sit together and have a wonderful dinner on the last night of spring break with Anand to celebrate my bday.


My day ended with tired body and happy mind. Numerous phone calls and msgs can wait but this post is my way of thanking each one of you who thought of me this weekend, wished me and celebrated my life. Please know your love and wishes make my life beautiful. And yes the cakes, flowers, sweets, gifts, wines and cards too :)  

My panelist look for the day 



Choices and choices - I ended up asking bartender to make his special drink
This is the celebration for me 

No comments:

Post a Comment