Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Sometime you need a girl in life - just to bring some color.

 Last 7 months have been different in our lives. The house is quiet, floor and kitchen are mostly clean, laundry could wait for another weekend and fridge is never full and grocery bags are way lighter. 

Anand comes home for breaks and Ajey visits over the weekend once a while but other than that its just Mr. Husband and me eating and drinking whatever we like ;)


Last weekend was different. A wonderful girl visited us and my life was everything but quiet. She had visited us before but on her third visit she was all grown this time, a fun amazing 23 yrs old woman. Who made me throw my old cosmetics, made me get new mascara and paid for my drink in Yard House. Who complained that I feed her too much, who could hug for no reason and would ask what can she do and more so stood by me when Mr. Husband and first born were making fun of my financial insecurities. After dinner While Anand stayed in the room, rest of us hung out together sipping the martini and chatting.

We went to grocery store, Mall, pub and listen to Spotify and talked about music and Rihanna’s new brand and walked. She took tons of pics without complaining and made sure I got the best light and shot. She drove with us to get Anand and he was thrilled to see her.


She walked around house and kitchen asking how can she help, listened to my conversation about Desi Mom’s Network. Years ago it was her after listening to my conversation with another mom suggested I should expand it.

She is my friend’s daughter, grew up in India and came here for undergrads and I was the first “auntie” outside of India she met. She was a kid, a girl and a grown woman, daughter and friend all in one for this weekend. 

One of those moment when Anand was not on his best behavior, she comforted me. Listening to my worries  she hugged me and said she will always be there for my boys. 

There are plenty of things I will remember about her visit but most importantly what she did to my soul. Thank you darling, cannot wait to have you back again.


This saree is from a woman whom I adore, I would so want to be her if I could, calm, poised, classy and fashion icon for me. She drove one day just to have a chai with me and brought me this beautiful saree. PushpaJi, please know how much I admire you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment