Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Reciprocal? One way? Conditional or no matter what - what is love and respect for you?

Who are you to people who love you, what are they to you? What does every relationship mean to you? Do you evaluate and respond? Do you calculate and keep track of? Is it unconditional or comes with ifs and buts?


Last 10 days has been all about celebrating my big day, love and life Jaya style. It is not about messages /calls/VMs and FB posts, it is about how people make you feel and  that is an important factor. I got sarees, cards, gifts, bottles of wine, food, snacks and much more. A mom from the group dedicated a poem, this is the 3 rd year I am honored this way and feel truly blessed . But I cannot get it out of my mind, how do we decide to go beyond and above for some in our life but hold our emotions back for others, go all out for some and just ignore others.


My dad keeps a calendar and has been calling everyone he can to wish them on their birthdays and anniversaries for years. I wonder what keeps him going? We have Facebook and calendars to remind us but do you remember your friend’s birthdays? What will happen if Facebook doesn’t remind you?


All these discussions have their own place but I thoroughly enjoy my birthday season every year and this year was no exception. I ate, drank, partied and yes wore new sarees :) Yesterday was one more celebration with a dear friend. We are 4 familes - very close friends. . We meet on Birthday eve for a small celebration.  One of them was in India so 3 of us met on the 19th. Yesterday one of them took me out for a street food brunch, while another  one was also en route to India and I missed them terribly. SO decided to wear a saree bought by one of them and donned the jewelry gifted by another one on my 50th last year. 


What is your style? Do you wish and expect a response when it is your birthday? 

Happy husband - Indo Chinese at a local restaurant on a Monday night, a quiet dinner with husband. He finally got a spot on my calendar :) - one of the last Bday celebration 

Foodie son's gift, A sandwich basket from North End, Tiramisu couldn't make it to table
 The Bday celebration in a Italian Household 



No comments:

Post a Comment