Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The 20 Moms together - What happens then?

This has been a fun weekend, Weather was perfect for the month of March.

I have been meaning to do this for quite sometime, introducing moms to one another in person. I believe in human connections and my Bday weekend was the perfect day to do this.


20 moms came to my home to celebrate one another. This was a day Anand was going back to his program after a week of spring week and It wasn’t the best time to say the least, we had our shares of ups and downs. But that morning he was shocked that I wasn’t going to drop him, never happened before. “You have to come” these words made my heart sing, I loved the idea that my son wants me to come with him. Anyway, I could convince him that I have invited some ladies to our home and I cannot change my plan last minute.

Dad went to drop him and my first born stayed behind to help me around and took later train to go back to his home.


Between those four and half hours my home hosted 19 moms who brought food, snacks, cakes, wine, flowers and gifts. I just made tea for everyone and we all had fun knowing one another better. Most of them met for the first time and I am sure they made wonderful memories, they put a name to a face and yes they talked about themselves. The ice breaker question was “what would you change from your past” we all talked about our life in India, here, families, husbands and other kids. I am so proud of all of them that they didn’t get stuck with diagnosis and therapies conversation. They really made my heart swell and fridge overflow with food. That one day we were just “us” I hope we can do that more often. Soon. 

We all were well fed that day and our fridge was filled with stuff. Did you knowThe love comes in form of biryani, Idlee Sambhar and many more dishes?


A simple linen was just perfect for that afternoon. 

I wish you could see the joy on those faces


No comments:

Post a Comment