Saturday, March 28, 2020

All we need is -'Something" to keep us going. Find what is "that" for you.

Day 14 and 15 ( 03/26 Thursday and 03/27 Friday)

After Wednesday’s storm Anand and I were getting better on Thursday. Anand was getting adjusted with the idea of routine. We both promised to be kinder and nicer to each other. Restricted screen time is on for now, let’s see how many day it lasts.
Thursday and Friday were kind of letting things go days. my sink could remain full of dishes until Anand did it. The clothes are still not back in the closet and I am shamelessly spending time on computer or TV. making sure we all are showered and not staying in our pajama’s - thats more important than washed dishes.
We all are walking on our own mostly but walking with Ashish is becoming highlight of that day. Thursday was one of those days.
Thursday Morning Ashish made Poha for breakfast. a big pan. it could be our breakfast, lunch and dinner may be. I decided to make it breakfast for 3 days. Lunch was simple sandwich and dinner was fried rice by Ajey.
I have started making groups for video chat. Cousins and school friends, college friends, families from both side. It has been fun. India lockdown is helping in many ways. Everyone is home and have nothing much to do. and somehow they didn’t think of doing this so my idea was very welcome. Started with 4 people of what’s app chat to 8 of us on google hangout.
Watched  “Aftermath” and still wondering what was I thinking, I just couldn’t finish the whole movie. Time to find something better.

Friday was very tough on me. I heard about a couple in our community being hospitalized. Its been going on for last couple of weeks but not it hit home. I was keeping track of numbers too and was very depressing to see its growing. Nothing helped my mood. I think I really need to hear something good everyday to keep its going and keep me sane.
The high school friends group was fun chat. we all agreed not to talk about the bad news and focus on whatever good we have around us.
Ran the idea of sending our “bad boys list” to a friend who is a boss in Police. On the name of “144” she can take our revenge :) we all laughed and made fun of old days. and promised to meet soon in person.

Stuck at we all need chai and something stronger to survive everyday so made Chiwada to go with it. forgot to take picture of Dal I made for dinner. I think the words  are all over the place like my mind. Played Jagjit Singh for a little bit before I hit the bed and that was helpful.

Hoping for a better weekend. 

Last summer I spent a day in CapeCod, I was at the beach early in the morning, just to feel and see the view from life guard chair. I still remember the calm. JS playing on my phone, no-one around and sitting that high I felt how beautiful the world is. Today I so want to hold on to that feeling.









1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping the weekend is going better. I love seeing the food pics and the smiling faces on the computer.

    ReplyDelete