Thursday, March 19, 2020

It couldn’t get any better . Wednesday 03/18

This series started as a journal for my mom and sisters. everyday FaceTime and call were not enough for her I guess. My parents were concerned and distance and 24 hours news channel were not helping either So I decided to write. Lot of moms from my group reached out to me that i should keep writing for them as it was keeping them connected. 

Day-6 
This morning I posted my blog and very soon had a msg from a friend. “where is Jaya in this post, I read just the details of the day not you.” and she was right, They weren’t the bestest two days of my life, but the worst part is when someone pinpoints that and you wonder about the transparency of your words.
Now I know its not only my face, its my words too - window to my world.
So this morning was weird that way. I don’t know where to start but let’s put it this way that I wish I could change a few things about it.

The day started bright and sunny and I think my damp mood needed that.  Breakfast from Ajey as usual is a treat. Talking to mom is another added bonus. Work was busy but an inviting 50+F weather lured me out for a walk. I am so glad I did. Came home and had a beautiful lunch. The fish curry ( yes again :) that’s what happens when you shop at costco) has a very interesting story. I was in Nagpur for our nieces’s wedding in Jan. A friend from school and college lives close by. The Eggplant and Potato curry from her community is a killer dish. I can guarantee you cannot find that taste anywhere else. That’s what I told her - “I will come for a very short period and you will teach me that curry” and that’s what she did- I visited her in amidst of the wedding chaos and she made that for me. Imagine the scene - Jaya and Jyoti standing in the kitchen and chatting and cooking.The memory still makes me drool, So the gift was that particular spice mix from her. Today I made fish curry with that. The lunch was heavenly.

The day just flew by and in the evening the man surprised me with coming for a walk with me, so rare. In those 30 mins we could talk about things we forgot we lived through once. FaceTime chats with a few moms, walk with Ashish and then another catch up call with close friends. My evening was nothing but fun. 
Instead of cleaning I spent (wasted) my time with facebook and news then decided to have a simple dinner. Made some sambhar and thalipeeth, after a big lunch this simple dinner was very comforting. Asked Ajey to empty out the liquor cabinet to organize and we found some moonshine. Must have bought on some show and impulsive me jumped on the idea of having something other than my usual go to drink. Such an experience.
Dinner time was another thing to be happy about. Anand took over his cleaning duty without any fight  or argument and he cleaned a lot of the stuff. That became the highlight of my day, he was funny and happy. How can anyone enjoy doing the pots and pan is besides me but of course it was my lucky day.
With moonshine and dinner I enjoyed the jokes and conversation among dad and sons, that ended beautifully with a conversation with my adopted daughter. Even with so much uncertainty in the world we have something constant to keep us going- the love, the laughter and virtual hugs and kisses I get from her. 
With all that is going on around us, I kept on thinking what it is in life we are rushing after. This difficult time should teach us what is important in life but does it? I was wondering if we are changing? Are we thinking things through? Are we evaluating our choices, are we prepared for what’s ahead? What do we actually want and more than anything what really matters to us.

The FaceTime - social distancing shouldn't mean social isolation. Thank you ladies for letting me post our picture.

walking buddies - chatting with 6 Ft gap :)
Breakfast 
Lunch - the Fish with Pawari (पवारी) Masala Thank you Jyoti for your love.
Thalipeeth with Sambhar - Unusual combination? but thats the speciality of Pandey household. experimental cooking. - reminded me of Daal Baati.

 and the liquid diet. Moonshine - like Indian Desi daru.

and the sight for the eye - Boys cleaning the kitchen ..

 the walk and the company.. Only if i could convince him to walk with me everyday, oh wait..what will happen to my private time of JS and Ghazals or phone calls :) 

and the Ms Sunshine.. The day started not so good, but ended very well with her voice. only she can call darling, mamma, jaan with such love. One and the only one Shubhi 


No comments:

Post a Comment