Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sometimes all you need is a connection - whatever kind it is.

Day 8 and 9 03/20 and 03/21
My Bday story was all about celebration. What I skipped was the ending of the day. I was on a community call at 9 for more than an hour and a half. The educators, moms, special education professionals, activists, leaders and change makers - everyone was trying to get the best solutions for our kids. Listening to everyone was an experience. I realized I live in a tiny bubble. I was not able to comprehend whatever is going on around us as I couldn’t see the magnitude of issues related to every child’s education. My world is so limited to Ajey and Anand but when you are a part of something bigger than your day to day life, you realize you are just a tiny cog in the bigger scheme of things. 

This social distancing has brought our world closer, many of us have time to do things we always wanted to but couldn’t and connecting with family members is one of them.I am still reading, responding to messages from my Bday. That has become a reason to call and connect with everyone all over again. Of course we all talk about whatever is going on in the world but soon memories and love takes over. So grateful for the technology.

Friday was a working day so not much happened during the day. After a walk Ashish and I decided to watch something. Movie Contagion had been on my list for sometime but was just not ready I guess. Finally I decided it was time to  watch. The day ended with a weird feeling. They made a movie in 2011 about the crisis we are going through today. Watch it when you can.

Saturday started very lazy but now I feel it was a busy day. Made Sambhar and bati for lunch. I could go for a walk on a this beautiful sunny Saturday, met a police man, heard his side of the story, talked to a few moms. Tried to wrap up my cleaning session of books, CDs and DVDs. Today I realized how much I am attached to my stuff. All of my ghazal CDs and poetry books went back on the shelves. All I could get rid of was kids books and gladly :)  My cook books are also on the fence. They might also find their place back I am afraid. With Jagjit Singh and a cup of tea my afternoon was well spent. Lots of bags full of books are ready to find a new home.

The evening was all about Hindi Manch’s virtual poetry session. It was so much fun, seeing everyone and reciting, listening to poetry and having some conversations , listening to some music. During those few hours we forgot about the chaos in the world and enjoyed the virtual company of our friends. I was busy listening and cooking. Boys had an elaborate dinner for that reason I think.

One of our close friends’ daughter came from CA this morning. She works there. I have seen her mom’s agony for a whole week. Such a relief for them. The joke was that everyone was showered at 5 in the morning after they picked her up from the airport. Coronavirus made them “brahman”, (because of the shower before dawn or ब्रह्म मुहूर्त स्नान  as it’s called in Hindi )

Today I wish everyone could hold their kids a little longer, hug them tighter and spend more time without worrying about the times .

Happy faces..1000s of miles away but so close..

My darling bua (aunt) with my cousin.
 My ghazal collection - dusted and back again. How many years I have been using MP3s but cannot let them go.
 Egg fried rice - Ajey's 

 and then Uttapam with Shrimp curry, no-one could wait for pic.Ashish made the uttapam and I made the shrimp curry, time to make again for the pictures
The police - All they want from us is to stay home and not mess it up. 
I was so busy with Hindi Manch program, .
Made roti for boys, missi roti for us , Anand got fish curry, rest of us had Chicken Curry and left over Karela ( Ashish)


No comments:

Post a Comment