Sunday, March 15, 2020

If Everything fails - just cook :) Day -3

Day -3 Sunday 03/15

I couldn’t wait to implant my crazy idea. Sunday morning was fun, a sunny morning, breakfast ready courtesy Husband. A fabulous mix veg omelette just made my morning with the Tea made by older kid.
a dear friend from Moms Network ’s bday called for a virtual party. 4 of other “senior” moms agreed to participate in my crazy idea of a surprise video call for her. when she took my call, ( she must have thought why video call?) she had no idea and before she realized 3 of us were seeing and wishing her. Whats app has a limit of 4 participant so added another one when someone had to leave the call. It was much needed fun for all of us. We all joked, laughed.
 After that a quick run to Kitchen and a quick fix lunch was ready . Marinated Tofu came to rescue, fried rice with Tofu, Peas and corn with some Salad and I was ready for another round of video call. 10 other moms were interested and I wasn’t sure how to deal with it :) so I started making what’s group of 4 and made another group and then mix and match. It was very fast and fun. The best part was ever changing dynamics of group. some curious kids and husbands came to say hello to Mom’s new friends. It was fun to have everyone, It was like Mom’s dinner/lunch on a totally different level. Many of them met for the first time. they formed friendship over unusual circumstances.
I so wish I could post those pictures. I will make sure to ask for permission tomorrow.
After the two hour of Phone marathon I got back to Kitchen. A friend was coming from India so decided to cook something for her.
It was a beautiful day so I decided to go for a walk. had a talk with few moms who couldn’t join that time. when i came back Jagjit Singh helped me cook. 
When she called from Airport I was releaved that she was home safe. Anand and I drove to her home and dropped the food at the door. no hugs, no hello and no sweets from India, this situation has changed our social norm. Came home to find other two men in the kitchen. 3 of us made so many different things, all 4 Pandey had different menu for tonight.
The Menu was - Chhole Roti ( Anand) Ajey had some paneer curry ( found a tiny pack of home made paneer in freezer on friday) Ashish Rice/dal and Karela, I had chole-dal and rice.
by this evening we know schools are closed longer than anticipated with many more restrictions. I hope we find reason to be OK in this chaos. Lets keep chatting, talking and checking on each other.


Facebook, what's app, phone and video calls took all my time, no TV watching and no cleaning today, book shelves are emptied out on the table in the basement. Tomorrow is the day .. 

The family time. While walking I came across this family teaching kids to bike. a Mom and I were having the same conversation, thats what she was doing at the same time. A warm day.. 


 Quick fix lunch. 

and the meal. does it say welcome home? Rice, Roti, Dal palak and Cauliflower and peas curry , nothing fancy.


Such a weird feeling, leaving food at her door step. I didnt even ring the bell knowing she must have fallen asleep by then. 


                                                 Karela made by Chef Ashish 


Anand had to eat his mom's chhole, I made after years. My friend Divya has been designated chhole auntie for Anand.



No comments:

Post a Comment