Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Monday blues or Monday White - Day 4 and 5

Wednesday 03/16
We usually not like Mondays because of two lazy, easy fun days spent with family. This Monday was very different, the whole family was home, we could sleep late, wasn’t any rush to get ready, we could smell our Tea and enjoy little chit chat while having breakfast, Tea by Ajey, Boiled eggs by Ashish and I made simple smoothie  and then we all went to our own work station to start our day. For me it was another hour of sleep and that mattered. 
 I had my yearly physical scheduled for Monday. I did try to postpone but ended up going. I was glad to see my doc and hear first hand opinion about this crazy situation. 
It was a little unusual day for me at work, team of 5 and only two of us were working. that means Mom had no time for lunch prep. I am glad Ajey loves food, means he is learning how to feed himself. Monday he fed his mom, dad and brother :)
Day just flew by, I could go for a walk later in the day and video call with some moms. That made our day. we could talk about work, kids, recipes, suggestions and some gossip.
Ashish was the chef for the dinner. His meatballs are to die for. a cup of nice Chardonnay and meatballs made Pandeys very happy hostage. I think we are finding our way to deal with this crazy situation. 
I started cleaning the books and it was very overwhelming so Monday was a disaster for cleaning and entertainment. I was on Netflix and Hulu for almost hour and half and didnt see anything good. I was just browsing through various things and just wasting my time. 

Day -5  Tuesday 03/17
Tuesday began on promising note, somehow I liked the white layer of snow this morning. I usually am not a winter/snow person but it was a change from everything going on.
Started work and Tea with Sausage eggs delivered for breakfast, Ajey starts later than me so I am getting used to it. When things go back to normal I will miss the ready made breakfast the most.
FaceTime with mom and sisters are always fun, I usually call them while having my tea, or cleaning the kitchen or cooking.
Work was better than yesterday. I could walk for a little bit before lunch. Ajey made fish curry and rice for lunch and dinner was everything from refrigerator. mix of cooking from Sunday and Monday. Anand has been our dish washer, independent living skills to the best use.
today I could work on book shelves and made few bags to send it to future readers. didnt get to watch TV but walked longer than usual. walking with Ashish has its own charm. 

The day is ending with few phone calls. such a pleasure. cannot wait what is in store for Wednesday. Did i say I totally avoided the TV today so dont have any update on whatever going around.

 The smile makes it so much better. He had no idea I was taking the picture. I created the scene for Selfie first, The mom, if she sets her mind and there is no stopping.
The Chef Jr - busy in the kitchen
 The Stir Fry Rice ( Chicken, Broccoli, Mushrooms and Pepper) was so yum.


 The walk was very peaceful, unusually quiet roads.

and then I walk in to see this. 
 one of my fav sight, Man in the kitchen , what's not to love

 Tuesday - day 5   Some mornings are made for luxurious breakfast. 
 Totally forgot to take picture of full pan- Fish curry

 All leftover dinner - something for everyone

These books - time to give them a new home. 
 Round two-tomorrow - more to go. CD's and Movies - next.



No comments:

Post a Comment