Saturday, March 21, 2020

Bday celebration - lasts a day or continues ? 03/19 Happy Bday to me..

Day -07 
This series started as a journal for my mom and sisters. everyday FaceTime and call were not enough for her I guess. My parents were concerned and distance and 24 hours news channel were not helping either So I decided to write. Lot of moms from my group reached out to me that i should keep writing for them as it was keeping them connected. 

I am a woman who celebrates goodness in life so how could I let go of my Bday celebration. Pandey boys are low maintenance and no big deal people, Ashish could care less for his own Bday. So If I don’t make a deal ( Big or small) all 365 days will be the same in this house. With all that is going on around us I needed to do this more than ever. 
So here we go - a Bday celebration saga in the Pandey Household.
Usually the wishes start pouring from midnight. Everyone has access to international calling thanks to WhatsApp. We have been staying up late watching TV hence phone was on silence mode so I could sleep longer. The first “in person” wish came from the man, that in itself was a beginning of a beautiful and promising day. I saw many missed calls from ma,papa, sisters and a few others. I cancelled my day off so it was a working day for me. Decided to make the best of the situation we are in. I dressed up in a saree gifted by a friend, a simple cotton pochampalli Ikat, in a very soothing combination. My FaceTime with my mom and dad, sister and mother in law and sister in law were full of love and fun. The morning video calls, long or short- served the purpose, telling me how lucky I was for all the love I have in life. 
Continuing the amazingness of the day  I was served breakfast. Tea and eggs for breakfast from Ajey has become such a norm these days.
I had planned a Moms video call during my work break and that was another high of the day. Many of them got dressed just to celebrate my day and I am grateful for those countless blessings. I haven’t responded to all the msgs and calls. But please know each one of you made me feel loved and valued. I am grateful to have everyone of you in my life.
The lunch was simple, the man decided to make fried rice, beautiful and tasty. I have trained him well :).. For years I have a rule of not eating/cooking at home for my Bday and this year we celebrated with some modifications.
It was a rainy day so we couldn’t do much outdoor. Earlier the plan was to have my closest friends come for Tea, bring your own tea/drinks, stay 10 ft apart in my parking lot and just enjoy the fire in the pit. The rain changed everything, so we all did FaceTime chai. But one of them couldn’t resist, she made pakodas and dropped off. That itself is a big deal as I was the pakoda maker for her for years. Thank you Farida! It will remain with me forever.

The man asked me the dinner menu, I wanted something other than regular meal so Ashish Pandey surprised me with his cooking skills. Aloo Tikki, meat balls and Farida’s pakoda was our celebration meal.
The fire place was lit, I put on another saree, chardonnay was the drink of the night. The hugs and kisses and happy faces were my gift. Anand agreed to be in the picture and that was something  to celebrate in itself. I still expect flowers and gifts when this chaos is over but for now I embrace what life has to offer, accept your love with gratitude, thank you for all the wishes and promise to be a better person as I step into my last year of 40s.

Thank you everyone for being a part of my world. I have an amazing life because you all are in it.

The highlight of the day, a family picture
The morning begins with dress up picture. The days when most of us are working in our PJ's this was so much fun.
The working breakfast, These are the times when 16 hours of labor was worth..Mamma gets some love - from Ajey
and then the Bday FaceTime. seeing everyone in the same frame warms my heart every time. Ma with my youngest sister Bulbul, papa with Seema , Varsha and Pawan.. Steve Job I am so grateful to you.

The fried rice- made by chef Ashish. I was busy with work and calls. He so knew that was my need for the day. During one of my calls the food was served to the Queen.
 The Google hangout with few Mom's from my network.

and some of the celebration pictures. 









No comments:

Post a Comment