Saturday, March 20, 2021

The Milestone Birthday - Thank you for all your love and Grateful for your presence in my life.

I am the one to believe in little things that bring happiness, small celebrations that bring enormous joy. Today, I am keeping all my beliefs and philosophies aside and celebrating my 50th Bday in a big way. 

I am the kind of crazy woman who values relationships more than anything else. My principles guide me and my mistakes make me wiser. I love deeply and care unconditionally. I get them in return in multiple folds. There are people who have my back no matter what, some on my side whatever I take on, many hold me close when I am sad and extend their hand when I am sinking, always there to celebrate my victories and encourage me to go beyond my limits.

The list is endless.

I should start with the man who believed in me since we were very young. At 15, he told me I was one of a kind and made for bigger things. Ashish knew me way before I knew myself. Even today he may not do any of those crazy things and doesn’t believe in them but has always stood behind me with all my craziness. My boys who have seen their mom at her best as well as her worst, inspire me to be the best. 

My parents and sisters - they are my strength in many ways. I inherited many of Papa’s  and Amma’s traits and on top of everything amma’s smile and those cheeks :) My sisters keep me grounded and still fuel my dreams with their love and care. These 8 people are the wind beneath my wings. Rest of the family from both sides and my cousins have been my cheerleaders in many ways.


Today is the day to thank those who have been with me for years, I grew old with these people in my orbit. We have been through thick and thin in life together. They have been the first hand witnesses to my journey, from a young mother to this 50 something woman. I cannot define their place in my life.

Then come the people who make my world beautiful. Who share my passion for music, food, cooking, sarees. You know how important you are for my survival and sanity. I am most grateful to Anand, my younger son. He brought compassion and empathy and something more. A drive and passion to make this world a litte better.


I thought I was building a community for these moms ( Moms= Desi mom with children with special needs) but now I know they are building the world for me. I was giving a little and getting back in abundance. They believed in my dreams and gave me the feeling of fulfillment. They make my soul happy with their trust and love. Please help me bringing these moms together. Reach out to your friend and families, extend your help and share your happiness and their difficulties.

Our “Desi Moms Network” goes beyond Borders and is on Facebook and Instagram. 

Thank you for being with me all these beautiful years and I am so looking forward to rocking many more years because I am not alone… I know you are with me .


Thank you for all your love and wishes. 

Jaya

It was my milestone Bday and I couldnt manage to get one single family pic. Autism doesnt understand the importance of family pic on special day. My son wasn't very happy with me and this was his way to punish his mom :( It was a very cold and windy day in Boston and outdoor dining was not possible and we are still not dining indoor. So things didn't go as planned. Anyways. He picked the bags from car and took them inside. That was the only time I could capture him :) Still as a family we have learnt to cherish with whatever we get. My dear husband donned a beard for me, It was supposed to be a salt and pepper but in one week we realized the pepper is long gone just salt.

I am posting a family pic - An amazing friend did the photoshoot for us, It was a beautiful day and Anand was a happy kid. Sometime having everyone in one frame is enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment