Monday, March 8, 2021

This is not "you" or Me - It is "together" and "us"

 written on 03/06

It has been exciting journey with the Mom’s Network. Last week I thought I needed to make it bigger and better. There are so many moms who needs it. 

And then the work began. This week I have been talking to people close to my heart about it. For the last 4 days I have been searching on Facebook for Massachusetts based Autism Groups, scanning through thousands of members just to find some of those Desi Moms. 

Which led to so many Facebook messages, comments, VoiceMails and texts and hours of talking. I don’t even know remember now how many hours of my Friday and Saturday went into this “searching” mode. But I am very happy that our village grew a lot in these days. So many moms who said they were so alone and are so happy to be a part of this new found village. All of a sudden they have over 200 women around them who understand them much better without even meeting them. This is an exciting chapter in all our lives. Just a simple observation - somehow I ended up bringing many healthcare professionals in this lot. I have always been in awe of healthcare professionals and my respect grew multiple fold this last year. I am so happy that I could bring some hope, excitement and happiness in their life. They have held so many hands to comfort their patients and their families . Today I just want to say-Hang in there, You are not alone, we are in this together. 


Today is March 6th, the 25th death anniversary of my uncle. He was my dad’s younger brother, a dynamic personality and an amazing human being. His untimely death impacted everyone in our family. While talking to my mom and dad I was saying how different our world has been without him. I was the first born in the Jha family, a very adored granddaughter and his favorite niece. We had nick names for each other and I am so happy that I inherited his passion for music, specially ghazals. One thing came to my mind, what would he think of me? Did I make him proud?

In last 24 hours we have grown our community by 3 doctors, 1 nurse, one IT professional in Children's hospital and a trial coordinator.. During this time my respect for health care professional has grown in multiple folds. Please be kind and pay it forward. 

This evening I hosted a Zoom introduction call for a facebook group of these amazing moms- 9 of us laughed, joked and had fun. The saree brings the best out of me. 



 A cotton saree bought during to support weavers. I loved it when I got it but dropping it was a breeze. One of the best I got. 

These are the msgs fuel my passion. Please spread the words.


No comments:

Post a Comment