Monday, March 29, 2021

What brings you to upfront and center sometime

Last year when Lockdown started I started documenting our lives. Posted every other day. I started writing about our food, cleaning and schedule adjustment. Our home is not big but we never felt it was small, It was just enough for us. But soon we realized it’s all relative. We all got to know what  - “together 24-7” really means. How you can eat and eat and then be hungry again. How everyone just come to the fridge without thinking and look for something- Without even knowing. what real “accommodation” is while shopping online. You are FORCED to try something you never cooked with. and yes I know ALL of us went through the same thing. Its over a year and things are changing and some are changing for good. 

I struggled more tham anyone in my home but soon got a handle on my downfall. will soon wrote about it 


I am asked to sit on the board of a very prestigious non profit in Special need world. The organization is one of the biggest, old and renowned yet never had any Desi on the board.

I decided - with me they will make up for all these missing opportunities. As desi it gets I will be wearing Saree to every meeting.


A simple Orissa cotton with kalakari print blouse. 




A dear friend
Annapurna Pandey
did and awesome story on Families with Special need Childrens. Our Desi Moms Network was featured very prominently. Please read when you have few minutes.
https://americankahani.com/lifestyle/covid-woes-how-indian-american-mothers-are-managing-work-home-and-their-special-needs-kids/

No comments:

Post a Comment