Tuesday, March 30, 2021

When you talk about your life and feel if you are narrating someone else’s story


Facebook Live on Saree Speak - Sunday March 28th 

Host- Deepika Gundanna  

A sunny Sunday morning spent chatting with a beautiful woman who made me feel like royalty . 

I logged in to Facebook live with a Saree group that I am a part of. It was a day to talk about motherhood, friendships , relationships and womanhood with a mix of special needs. The conversation started with sarees and then it transitioned to other topics as it always happens.

The idea behind the talk was spreading awareness and acceptance for Autism and special needs. I have been doing this for a few years now and decided to reach out to my Saree tribe for their support to the families in their lives. Even if one person remembers the message and shows kindness to one family, my time was well spent.


When I started talking about our life years ago it was difficult. I was vulnerable, apprehensive and worried but knew that I had to do it. Not only for my son but also for the many other families who were in the same situation. It has helped tremendously and I am grateful for that. At the same time I have become the voice of so many families who couldn’t come forward to talk about their lives and it’s ok. This is a journey and they will find their voice in their time, till then I am very happy to be their voice.


The conversation was fun and thought provoking in so many ways. I am still going through the comments. It definitely made an impact on a few people. As I said before, if it changed things for one family, my efforts are worth it.

I talked about Global Desi Moms Network and many reached out for their near and dear ones. 


A net and velvet saree, an impulsive online shopping came out of my closet for a chat with Deepika. 

It was a fun hour talking and answering questions. Please wear Blue on April 2nd and show you care.










No comments:

Post a Comment